Saturday, July 6, 2013

Friday weekly randomness

Here it is, Friday night 11pm and I am sitting in bed- just making love to a bag of Hershey's chocolates- earlier this evening I was with a bag of potato chips... shhh- don't let them know about each other. Did I want to- yes, should I have- no; but I'm a big girl and made my decision - actually TOM has a lot to do with the decision making today... and it hasn't been good.

Today started out ok... we were having friends over, one of my mommy friends birthday was the other day so we threw her a little surprise party and where there's a party there is food and cake. My son made the cake last night and the only thing I did was help lick the bowl... then this morning he decorated it and again the only thing I did was help "clean" up the frosting.
Friends showed up with their kids- I was thrilled to see my friends and have conversations with other estrogen, uterus carrying people. We had the typical crap food to choose from- nacho chips, cheese puffs, potato chips and French onion dip and my favorite chips and rotel dip and then we had pizza and cake- a pure junk food feast. The bad thing is it was at my house and I bought all the crap (with the exception of the pizza- the other mommy's bought that) but still- no fruit, no veggis... nothing at all healthy unless you count the bell peppers, onions and mushrooms on my one slice of pizza- yes, just one slice and I had to force that down on top of all the chips I had eaten. I have been doing pretty good with my food (basically lack of appetite due to the heat)- but TOM showed up today and his good friend poor food choices and cravings came along for the ride. So all my discipline has gone out the window- I just hope it comes back before next weekend when we celebrate another birthday, this time one of the kids ... this time not my kid or my house- but at the mommy who bakes the most yummy treats (I mean she makes Betty Crocker look like an amateur). So it better get back in time.


Tonight we had turkey burgers (that's kinda healthy, right?) and my mother in laws potato salad and home made baked beans- I was so stuffed but kept eating it was sooo good- I love her potato salad and this was the first time she made homemade baked beans and man were they tasty.

So how was everyone's 4th of July? I hope good and safe. Nothing too much to write about from me- we went to a friends house and swam- he had chips and rotel (making me want more, hence my binge today) then for a late lunch some grilled steak (I love steak- who am I kidding I love FOOD) but I only had a very small piece (no room after all the chips and dip) then we came home and the boys and the hubs went out and blew things up, lit fireworks. I stayed inside sitting between the princess and the dog- both extremely freaked out from the noise. I found a 4th of July celebration on the TV and we enjoyed that... the princess thought it was very exciting but didn't want to go outside to see anything live because it was too scary. The logic of an almost 4 year old.
pretty much sums up my neighborhood

mmmm ROTEL!!!!!

Wednesday we went and visited my Great Aunt Nancy at her costume shop- the shop has been here for over 50 years- she herself was a showgirl at the El Rancho and her husband actually worked for Bugsy. She is so full of stories I told her the next time I get over to her I wanted to pick her brain and learn more about her life here in town... to my surprise she has actually written down a lot of the stories so I really look forward to reading that. As a kid I never really paid attention to my mom and dad and their "stories" of growing up- now with my dad being gone for the past 7 years and my mom not having her full mental capacity I really wish I had paid attention - I lost a lot of time that I wish I could get back... so I'm going to make up for it by getting to know my great aunt (my moms aunt)
She's in the middle row- 3rd over (1949)

Posing with one of the many costumes at her shop (2012)
 
 Tuesday we went swimming but I already posted about that- but I did mention that I needed a new swim suit cause mine was hanging off me- well I got one and I think I look pretty damn good in it.
It's a 2 piece- a tank toppish top and swim shorts- I know I had said before that the other suit I was fine in without the skirt, shorts and whatever flounce they add- but I actually feel really comfy in it and that is important to me- especially when I have to chase around an almost 4 yr old at the pool.
this is kinda what the other suit looked like but in black- (sorry for the small pic)
 

here's the top ( I fill it out much better)
 the bottoms I have are shorts - the best part its a size 12!!
 
Goal for the weekend- try not to melt- temperatures are dropping- its a nice and chilly 108 today but 25% humidity (yes I know that's not a lot compared to where a lot of you are but hot is hot no mater if its wet or dry heat)
Also I need to get my self back to walking on the treadmill. I have  plenty of motivation just no desire, I really need to work on that.
Other than that nothing really planned- what about you- any plans for the weekend? Is the heat messing with your workout routines and eating habits?
oh and to beat the current level I'm playing on Candy crush saga... seriously- anyone else addicted to that game?
 
Have a great weekend- thanks for stopping by!
 
 

 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that must feel so awesome to be in a size 12!! You give me hope!! I have never heard of rotel but it sure looks amazing and addictive. Anything with nacho chips and I am there. :D

    ReplyDelete