Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas Adam

...aka Christmas eve's eve. I hope that everyone is have a wonderful holiday season with family and friends.
I will be 4 weeks post op on Christmas. I am doing pretty good- teeter tottering between 199 and 200, so close to permanent membership in "onederland"- Merry Christmas to me.
I have been getting my protein in and working on my liquids (still having a few issues with that). I was getting in a walk everyday on the "dreadmill" but I started feeling a lot of discomfort in my port area- is that normal this far out from surgery? It feels like a pinching under this skin- not a very pleasant feeling that's for sure. Not sure if I overdid something or if this is normal so if you have any ideas please let me know. I don't go in for a fill until the 11th of January so I will find out if I did something stupid and tweaked it or if its just normal.
Speaking of fills, I'm kinda excited that I will be able to enjoy Christmas dinner (in moderation) along with my hubby's and my 16th anniversary dinner (in moderation). I am starting to feel more hungry now and though I know I can pretty much eat anything right now I am choosing not to and am trying to keep to the rules, small portions, lots of chewing and no drinking while eating.
We went to a Christmas party last night and I avoided the pizza, chips, crackers and cookies like the plague but I did enjoy cheese and deli meats with a few of those pinwheel roll ups with the meat and cheese in it but I did not eat the tortilla it was wrapped in. Oh and I did have 1 cookie... it was my first baked good since surgery and I enjoyed every bite and logged everything on MFP, then today I ate half of a chocolate Santa...bad bandster I know but it was so tasty and sweet I got a little sugar buzz from it and it wasn't all that big.
Sorry for my ramblings and inconstancy but thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Onederland!! Thats awesome! I had discomfort around my port site until about 2 months out. The doctor said I had a "ridge" which he said was common. It finally stopped hurting a few weeks ago. It kind of felt like someone punched me in the ribs.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete