Tuesday, August 6, 2013

weigh in day, fur babies and furniture

As is always the norm on Tuesday mornings, I wake up to my daughter telling me to wake up- then I head to the loo to do my business then I step on the scale- I usually know where the scale will be (scale whore remember) but the numbers have been all over the place so I had no idea what the numbers would read. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw 146.8 on the scale! A two pound loss since last week. Just another 1.8 pounds till I'm at goal... and then we will see where I want to go.

Now to my fur babies- earlier this year we had to put my Cookie Monster down due to health issues, she was 16yrs old and had a long and happy life full of love. 7 years ago we adopted our Jack Rat- I believe he had a lot to do with Cookie living so long but now that she is gone he has gone into a depression and since the cats want nothing to do with him we decided to adopt another dog- she is about 5 yrs old, a Rottweiler and such a sweet heart. She has the name Chola... not really something we like so we are going to try to train her to answer to Schatzie - German for little sweetheart. She has been in the shelter since June 26th this year and she will be freed Thursday when she gets to come home with us - my kids are so excited, I just hope our Jack Rat will be excited too.
Schatzie
 

My boys share a room- its a decent sized room but they each have a queen size bed and had 2 separate dressers- I did combine them into one dresser but the room is still pretty packed- I mean these are two 11 yr od boys. So I have purchased them futons that will fold out into full size beds along with new dressers and a desk... downsizing but adding to the furniture... Hopefully it works out. I might post pictures later- If I can make it into their room alive. wish me luck
 
Tomorrow is my interview- I am hopeful that I get it but kinda not- does that make sense? I love the thought of brining home a paycheck and being around other adults and using my brain on a higher level but the thought scares the crud out of me. I have been a SAHM for 4 years now- my boys are going into middle school and my daughter starts pre school and I really want to be there for my kids but I know that they are growing up and don't "need" me around all the time- but I also remember being their age and my mom asking if I minded if she went back to work- I did NOT want her to go so she stayed home and realized that all I wanted was to have the security of her being there- cause all I would do was get home from school, put my things away say hi to mom then off to play until dinner... so why was she there? I'm torn- I guess I'll see how the interview goes before I get myself into a panic attack over it.
 
Well that's all for now- I'm off to pick up furniture and then to assemble it (does that count as a workout?)
Have a great day, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment