Monday, November 26, 2012

WTF- Monday edition (warning TMI)

Ok, so my surgery is scheduled for tomorrow- I am beyond excited but mother nature being the evil woman that she is decided that today would be a great day for TOM to show up! Seriously?!?!It's not like I have a nice "easy period" I have 7 full days of hell. So not thrilled by this little turn of events. Anyone else have TOM around when you got banded?
Well I guess the up side is I'll have some decent pain killers and an excuse to do a whole lot of nothing while I heal and cramp.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! Wishing you a smooth recovery. Come back and let us know how you are doing when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best on your big day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl I did! I started the night before my surgery. They were really nice. They let me wear my undies right up until it was time to go back, then had me take them off. She said not to worry about it, that they would just put extra padding under my butt to catch it. I was really nervous about it but they made me feel just fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck! I had this TOM problem, too. I experienced more band swelling than I anticipated and I think it is because of TOM. It made it hard to get liquids in. Surgeon switched me from water and shakes to gatorade to keep me from getting dehydrated and I was able to avoid IV fluids. You will be fine, just have some just in case.
    I hope you are already home!

    ReplyDelete