Thursday, November 29, 2012

sip, sip, sip ugghhh

Ok, so I'm doing pretty good. Just a little sore on the port side, but nothing I can't handle.
My doctor given post op goals; drink 80-100 liquid oz and at least 90 grams of protein. The day of surgery I did pretty good, yesterday I fell short and today I'm just not digging it. HELP- any ideas on how to keep fluids and protein levels going up while staying sane and somewhat satisfied without having to try loads of different protein powders?
I feel hungry but the thought of sipping on another protein shake is unappetizing so any help would be wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear your doing so good. Sorry I´ll be no help as I mostly lived on icelandic whey protein drinks. Still don't reach my drinking limit of water a day, I keep trying and it will happen one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I got to that point, I started to add a little yogurt and cottage cheese. VERY slowly. A bite or two, then wait. So glad you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a lot of trouble getting everything in the first couple of weeks. It slowly gets better. How about trying some cream soups? Is that allowed by your dr? Cream of potato was yummy. I blended it to get rid of all the lumps.

    ReplyDelete