Sunday, March 17, 2013

I'm a girl- caution TMI

I'm a girl! That's usually how I announce to my hubs that aunt flow has arrived. Man do I hate this. When we were trying to get pregnant all those years ago I found out that I had PCOS. I had no idea what that was I had to go home and look it up and it explained so much, mainly why I didn't have a regular period. Well many blood test, injections, egg retrievals and 3 rounds of IVF I became pregnant with 2 beautiful healthy boys who are now 11 and are pushing their luck on a daily basis, but I love them none the less. After all that pregnancy fun I went back to being irregular until my doctor put me on met formin to help me lose some weight, but what he forgot to mention is that it causes ovulation... well a few months later I found out I was pregnant with my baby girl. Don't get me wrong, I love her (but i don't always like her- damn the toddler years) but I never thought in a million years I would have anymore children besides my boys and then.. surprise. Well as overjoyed as we were we made sure that we would not endure any more surprises so while they were evicting her from my cozy womb they cut and tied me off but left the baby oven in there... I wanted them to take the whole damn stove but nope they just cut the gas lines... Since her birth I have been regular... WTH?! from the time I became a "woman" till the time I became pregnant with my daughter I was never regular...and since her birth I can set my watch to it. Yes the whole menstrual cycle is a wonderful and miraculous thing, blah, blah, blah but I have no use for it anymore- I have all the children I care to have. I am looking forward to menopause just so I can be rid of this evil, gut wrenching, cramp causing, emotional roller coaster causing, 7 day long event that happens every month. Yes I said 7 days. 7 days of hell for me and everyone around me. And as I see it I should be hitting menopause in about 10 years, just in time for my boys to be moving out and my daughter to be hitting the threshold of "womanhood". My husband better start saving up so he can get his own place cause I'm sure that it won't be pretty with her and I competing for most emotionally unstable.

So why did I feel compelled to blog this? Because I am eating everything in sight. It's as if my band is non existent. I read that many of you tighten up when Aunt Flo is around, not me- anything and everything goes down fine. I was hoping that with me so close to my green zone that I wouldn't have this issue this month, but that doesn't not seem to be the case and I am scheduled for a fill on Thursday. So do any of you have this non existent feeling during TOM? Should I reschedule my fill or keep it? and is there anyway to stop having periods without surgery?

OK, that's all for now- my body and brain are tired and my body is bloated and cramping so I'm going to bed. Here's to everyday new beginnings.
thanks for stopping by. Hope you had a great weekend.

 

2 comments:

  1. Funny Post...and I am right there with you! Literally...TOM is in the house here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny post! I was there with you a few years ago. I had issues once I turned 35 and was able to have to stove completely removed. So I got nothing except hormone patches I change twice a week. It's been a GREAT! Thing! I haven't heard of a way to make it stop that is not medicinal or surgical. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete