Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy mothers day

this is a little late in the day but I hope that all you moms had a great day and fur babies count.
my day didn't start off how I would have liked- I woke up to my 3 year old in bed with me at 6am.... no sleeping in for me today. we did snuggle for a while so that was good. Then I realized that my hubs had gone to an early meeting so he would be free for the day so he wasn't home to make me breakfast and only one boy child was up so i puttered around the kitchen and made me some scrambled eggs and a piece of toast which I ate alone in the kitchen. Then I went to ol' faith full- my computer and hung out there for a while as I waited for the other boy child to wake. Then the hubs got home around 9 and asked if I wanted breakfast.... a little too late. By this time I was not a happy mama so i went and hid in my room and read... my boy children didn't wish me a happy mothers day so i was a little, ok a lot upset.
the hubs came and checked on me...walking on egg shells as he did not sure how I was feeling. I told him about the kids not wishing me a happy mothers day so he got on them for it.
While I hid he had the boys watch the princess and he went and cleaned my van. that was the only thing i wanted for mothers day, well besides being with my kids.
the hubs came in and asked me what i wanted for lunch and made it for me, this time i had the boys eating with me and i got "happy mothers day" finally from them... seemed very forced but I'll take it after all they are halfway to 12 and all that mushy stuff is starting to fall but the wayside.
after lunch i took a hot bath and relaxed then nap time with the princess. I started to feel happy again - thankfully before my mother and grand mother in law got here for dinner. no need in putting them in  bad place on mothers day.
Dinner was yummy- the hubs smoked some baby back ribs and chicken breast, with it we had broccoli salad, potato salad, shrimp cocktail and garlic bread. I only had a rib, lots of shrimp and a small bite of potato salad, i tried the broccoli salad and didn't like it and for desert- orange dreamsicle cake made by my kids. it was all so good and I am still stuffed but my head hunger has been trying real hard tonight, so much that I had another bite of potato salad and I feel sick.
Anyways- my mothers day started not the way i wanted but ended up on a high note. I am very blessed to have my family and would never trade them for the world... a day at the spa maybe but only if i got them back afterwards , but never the world.
i truly hope that everyone had a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by and reading my rant- I believe it was brought to me by the last day of TOM- damn TOM always butting in.... ok, i'm done - for now.

1 comment: