Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sagging skin

I know, I know- we have all been there or are there or will be heading there but right now I am there and I am not too thrilled with it. I knew it was gonna happen but nothing prepared me for it. Today i took a nice hot bath and noticed my sagging skin was "floating" in the tub-  I felt like i had 10 pounds of extra skin. Thankfully the weight has been steadily dropping, it is starting to slow down and that's fine but I am really starting to notice the extra skin. I've been switching things up at the gym trying to tone things but I am scared that after having a set of twins and then a single and gaining weight and losing it the elasticity in my skin is shot.
I am not letting this get the better of me. I am getting healthy and thinner but as most of us are I am self conscious about it. I am only 6 months out and down 55 pounds and have about 15 more to go to get to my goal and I know that my skin can still get toned but i need to know how long before you noticed your skin starting to firm? What kind of exercise did you do to help it firm?
I keep thinking of the movie Men In Black- but instead of an Edgar suit I'm wearing a Deirdre suit...
I know that this is just vanity talking but seriously what have you done or plan to do to help tighten things up?
thanks for stopping by

3 comments:

  1. I always look to LBG as a guiding light (as I think most of us do) but, have you seen some of her most recent posts? About how even after all this time at goal she is noticing her body changing? The scale is holding pretty steady, but her clothes fit different?
    I am still 30 pounds from goal, but I have noticed now that my body is loosing weight differently and that it is "changing" because of muscles and what-what... that being said, my stomach is not a pretty sight. :( Hello spanx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm there with you. I notice this in my stomach. I am switching it up too. I hope we can both resolve this. I agree with Miss Lorie though. LBG is doing great with this. She offers hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't give up! you're doing great :)

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete