Saturday, April 6, 2013

Saturday blues

Yesterday was one of the hardest and emotional days of my life. We put our dog of 16 years down. Her hips were shot, she had arthritis in her spine, blind in one eye and partially blind in the other, and going deaf. She had lost control of her bowels and there wasn't really anything that could be done. For a larger breed dog, Shepard/lab mix her getting to 16+ was an accomplishment in itself. She will forever be my fur baby and I will forever love her.
My Cookie Monster
 
 
Thanks for reading. 

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. 16 years is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so, so sorry Deirdre... I sympathize with you, sweetie. I have three fur babies; one who has been sick recently (so I really get it.)

    Hugs! Rest in puppy peace, sweet girl...

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your baby....it is so hard. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete