Saturday, January 19, 2013

Family dinner

We had my mother and grandmother in law over for dinner tonight. I cooked which is a big switch, usually my husband does the cooking. I made roast chicken with roasted red potatoes and carrots and biscuits. My mother in law brought garlic bread and her potato salad- I LOVE her potato salad! Lets just say we had the carbs covered.
I measured out my food, keeping as close to the 4 oz my doctor recommends but that was only AFTER eating a piece of french bread ( I hadn't had bread since before my surgery). After I was done eating what was on my plate I picked at the potato salad and the roasted potatoes and carrots... ok not really picking but serving up more. Then to add insult to injury I had a slice of chocolate cream pie, a small slice - at first, then I went back for more. It was like an outer body experience, I couldn't stop myself.
I am just glad that I have been working out and hopeful that my excessive food consumption doesn't hurt me when I have my weigh in on Tuesday.
I had my first fill a little over a week ago but I am still hungry after my 4 oz portions- I have another fill scheduled for this coming Thursday, very hopeful to get back to better portion sizes. I guess it doesn't help that TOM is still around and has controlled my cravings and hunger. I really need to learn to handle this better for future months to come.

That's all for now, thanks for reading. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I've slipped up from time to time. I had cake at a bday party today. It's going to happen. Don't beat yourself up about it. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! So glad that I found you! Love seeing people on the same journey!

    ReplyDelete