Saturday, January 12, 2013

Fills and hunger

When I got my fill the other day I asked my doctor how many calories I should try to keep at and he said that because every dietitian/nutritionist is different they don't like to set a calorie goal but instead to stick to 3 meals a day with 4oz of food and no snacking and to aim for or get above 90g protein. I was put on liquids for just one day and then back to real food, small bites, nothing to drink around meal time and chew chew chew. So yesterday I had my protein shake for breakfast and that kept me pretty full for a good 4 ours then my 4 oz for lunch and then again for dinner but I got hungrier sooner after lunch, like 2 hours later but I didn't snack I didn't eat again until dinner and 2 hours later I was still hungry and ended up having a Greek yogurt with a little bit of granola. By the end of the day after inputting all the food into MFP it said that I needed to eat more, that I had only consumed a little less than 600 calories... no wonder I was still hungry. So my fellow bandsters how and what do you eat? Should I actually be eating something for breakfast along with my shake to increase my calorie intake? Should I stick to my protein shake and then the 4 oz meals and deal with the in between hunger? Do I need to add another full meal?  I'm pretty sure that when I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks I will be asking for another fill- right now I'm at 4.5cc in a 10 cc band.

thanks for reading and thanks for the comments that you leave, I do read them and appreciate that you take the time to not only red my posts but also to comment on them.

3 comments:

  1. I try to eat around 1000 calories. Less than 800 makes my weight loss stall. I don't feel green zone restriction yet, so I have small breakfast, mid morning protein shake, lunch, afternoon low cal protein snack, dinner. Sometimes, if hungry, a protein shake before bed. Most of the time, I have 3 meals, 2 snacks. I don't do hungry very well, so I just eat. If I wait and get super hungry, my choices suck. Good luck, hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Tina, it does help. I think I will start doing a light breakfast and a mid morning shake then lunch and dinner and see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My doctor says I should be eating 3 small meals and a snack daily. In the beginning I was only eating about 600 calories. And as long as it was working I didnt really worry about the calorie content. Now I just try to keep my calories under 1200 for the day. I am usually not hungry in the morning but I force a protien shake down. And usually late morning is when I try to eat a protien bar or some yogurt. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete