Sunday, January 27, 2013

Not as young as I once was

For the first time since surgery I went out with friends to have some drinks and do some dancing. We met up at Stoney's country bar, not really my choice... I am a self admitted gay man stuck in a straight woman's body and prefer gay bars and drag queens but it was still pretty fun. I had my first beer since before the surgery and I nursed that for almost two hours. It was pretty packed so we ended up finding a spot over by the Bull and I spent most of the evening watching very intoxicated people try to maneuver the bull ride- very funny to watch even when sober.
But as the night grew later I found myself getting more and more bored, not sure if it was the atmosphere, wrong choice in music, lack or beer on my part but I was pretty bored. My friends went out and danced a few times and I just didn't feel the want to participate. So I sat there keeping myself amused with my phone- where would we be without technology? At 1am I decided I was done and ready to go home... There were nights in my past when I wouldn't crawl back home until well after 4 even 5 in the morning but last night I was ready to go home at 11 but lasted till 1am.... when did I get so old? On my way home, as is tradition I stopped and grabbed something to eat, a southern style chicken sandwich- i only ate the meat but then when I got home I found myself face to face with a slice of chocolate cake my mother in law sent over- I intended on only having a bite just to get the taste and do in with the craving, well that didn't work out so well - I ended up devouring the entire piece and then sent myself to bed to where I slept blissfully until noon. It is now just about 3pm and I am planning on getting back into bed and enjoying a nap. I am very fond of my sleep, that and the fact that I woke up with a crick in my neck and a massive headache (honest, I only had one beer so it wasn't a hang over). I know I should get my butt on the treadmill and get my sweat on, but I know it's not gonna happen today, but It WILL happen tomorrow.
Ok enough of my ramblings, I'm off to rest and relax. Thanks for reading - hope you're having a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you're not getting old. Maybe your thinking is shifting. I am not much for the bars these days either. I prefer to drink at home. And I rarely drink anyway. But I have found I am enjoying other things more. Like my girls, and my alone time. Be strong! I hope you had a good nap!

    ReplyDelete