Friday, January 18, 2013

I came out!

Yesterday I took a big step and posted on FB that I had been banded. I wasn't expecting anyone to judge me or criticize me or anything, I'm not really sure what I was expecting but I wasn't expecting my friends and family to be so supportive, saying that they were proud of me and that I was an inspiration and motivation for them. I have never thought of myself to be motivation for anyone or to be an inspiration - talk about pressure.
It got me thinking about what my motivation is- I don't have a goal weight in mind or a dress size or anything like that- what motivates me is my husband and kids. I want to make sure that I am around for a very long time. I am also motivated by the thought of not having to take medications.
Lap Band Gal motivated me to blog my journey and through her blog I have found other blogs to follow, all of which motivate and inspire me to keep going- we are all in this game we call life and it makes it a little easier if we have friends who are playing along with the same rules that we are playing with.
So who or what is your motivation/inspiration?