Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013, word for the year and weigh in day

Happy New Year! I hope that everyone brought in the new year safely with family and/or friends. I live in Las Vegas and celebrated in our usual style, snuggle up on the couch waiting for the clock to strike midnight so we could send the kids to bed and get some sleep ourselves.
2012 was a year of highs and lows, good and bad for me and I'm sure that 2013will be no different. But instead of heading to food to get me through as I have always done in the past I will find different ways to handle these situations and will persevere to my goal.

That brings me to my word for the year:

To keep with what seems to be a banded blogging tradition I have picked my word for the year:
Perseverance-
per·se·ver·ance
[pur-suh-veer-uh ns]   
noun
1. steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.
 
Meaning that no matter what the world throws at me I will continue in my course of action to become healthier. I know and accept that I will stumble and fall and even want to give up but I am worth this and I CAN do this.

And with today being Tuesday it is weigh in day- today I weighed in at 199.8 a small gain (+.6) but after all the food I indulged in over the Christmas I'm surprised it wasn't more.
So here are my numbers since surgery:
Seminar in May: around 225
Day of surgery: 215.8 (- 9.2)
week 1 post op: 207.6 (- 8.2)
week 2 post op: 204.2 (- 3.4)
week 3 post op: 202.6 (- 1.6)
week 4 post op: 199.2 (- 3.4)
week 5 post op: 199.8 (+ .6)
total loss since surgery 16

No comments:

Post a Comment